2.08.2008

Today on Oprah



This lesbian has been thinking about sperm WAY more than usual. And though Oprah drives me nuts, and I am sure today's show, "The Ultimate Reunion: When Dads a Sperm Donor", will kill me a little bit, I will be tuning in at 4:00.

The show synopsis reads, "The first sperm donor babies are now adults, and many are looking for answers. The weigh in on the confusion, the frustration and the questions."

Oh geez. I think D will be for Dad and not Donor in this episode.

Follow-Up: I watched Oprah. It wasn't as terrible as I expected. The donors were sane. Oprah was surprisingly non-judgmental about the choice to use donor sperm. She was much more inclined to see the donor as a donor and not a dad. The kids on the other hand, largely saw their donors as their dads (or second dads). All but two of the kids were "missing something" in their lives, because they didn't know their donor. There was a common theme of wondering if their donor ever thought about them. None of the kids said they had two moms. A few referred to their mom and a dad or just a mom.

No comments: